From experience days to ideas for beauty, fashion and foodie lovers, we bring you 32 great finds to support local independents in Scotland this Christmas.
GOOD FOR... FOOD AND DRINK LOVERS
1. Fin & Grape - Give the gift of delicious food and wine with a voucher for Edinburgh’s Good Food guide listed Fin & Grape restaurant in Bruntsfield. The cosy neighbourhood restaurant focuses on Scottish fish, responsibly sourced wines and food to share. *egg members can enjoy a 3-course set lunch for £20. Use code EGGFIN when booking.
2. Waldorf Astoria - Gift your loved ones an unforgettable experience in the heart of Edinburgh. The hotel offers an array of gift vouchers to extend your celebrations long after the holiday season. You can also embrace a moment of magic with a Festive Afternoon Tea or toast at the Waldorf Astoria Hogmanay Ball.
3. Fingal - Edinburgh’s Luxury Floating Hotel in Leith offers seasonal menus, sumptuous cabins and afternoon tea. Gift Vouchers available at fingal.co.uk
4. Caskshare - Surprise your loved one with a year’s membership to Caskshare. It’s a whisky club for unique, one-of-a-kind releases all chosen by an expert panel. With membership you have access to monthly events at their private bar in Edinburgh's West End, plus free shipping. Use code WHISKYEGG for 20% off Collective Membership. caskshare.com
5. egg membership - Know someone that loves an exclusive offer? Gift them a year's egg membership for only £30. It gives them access to 100s of exclusive discounts at amazing restaurants, hotels and shops across Scotland.
GOOD FOR... FAMILIES
6. Voxblock - The screen-free audiobook player designed for children aged 3-12. It can be used straight from the box and is connectivity free - no Wi-Fi or downloads needed. Use code EGG10 for 10% off Starter Packs. https://voxblock.co.uk/
7. Thankbox - Solve the struggle of choosing a unique and memorable gift for your child’s teacher. Use Thankbox to upload a personal video, drawing and heartfelt message. An optional collection for a gift voucher means the gift is sorted too! https://www.thankbox.com/
8. Cove - This lovely boutique in Portobello stocks a wide variety of beautiful, quality gifts including candles, toiletries, Jellycat toys and games. www.covescotland.com
9. SiMBA - Our egg charity partner of the year does amazing work honouring baby loss. The Midlothian-based charity has gifted almost 60,000 precious memory boxes since 2005 helping support families and bereaved parents. This Christmas you can gift priceless memories by giving a memory box to someone in need. www.simbacharity.org.uk
10. Edinburgh Leisure - Fed-up of giving surplus plastic fantastic toys? Edinburgh Leisure has Christmas all wrapped up with the perfect present, a year’s membership to their three soft plays. From only £179, the annual soft play membership means little adventurers can visit as many times as they wish, enjoying unlimited fun at Clambers at the Royal Commonwealth Pool, Tumbles at Portobello, and Scrambles at EICA: Ratho. www.edinburghleisure.co.uk
GOOD FOR... EXPERIENCE GIFTS
11. Beauticery Personal Styling – Make it a stylish start to 2024 and share the gift of confidence with a Beauticery Personal Styling voucher. Jo-Anne offers friendly and expert style advice to help ladies look and feel their best. eggs can enjoy 20% off until 31st December. https://www.beauticery.com/
12. Scottish Opera – Give them a gift to remember long past December with tickets for the Scottish Opera next year. Marx in London runs at Festival Theatre Edinburgh on 22nd & 24th February. Sir David McVicar’s La Traviata will be in town from 7th-15th June. Scottishopera.org.uk
13. The Old Barn - Give the gift of creativity and treat your friends and family to a gift voucher for a craft workshop experience at The Old Barn on Old Dalkeith Road. From spoon carving to lampshade making, there’s lots of workshop gift cards that your loved one will be delighted to find under the Christmas tree!https://www.theoldbarn.net
14. Life / Edit - Want to fall back in love with your home? Or help someone else do the same? LIFE / EDIT Home Organisation are Scotland’s biggest Home Organisers. They can tackle anything from a cupboard, garage, attic, playroom to a whole house. Hundreds of eggs have used and loved their service. For a Christmas gift voucher, email [email protected]
15. Lost Shore - Europe's biggest wave pool is opening in 2024. Lost Shore Surf Resort is a spectacular inland surf resort, just 15 minutes from Edinburgh and 45 minutes from Glasgow. It’ll offer surfing and accommodation. Christmas vouchers now available. www.lostshore.com/
GOOD FOR... STYLE HUNTERS
16. Restoration Yard - Stacked high with beautifully curated under-the-tree worthy gifts, the store at Restoration Yard is bursting with festive sparkle and delight. A treasure trove of unique Christmas gifts & hampers can be found in store and online. www.restorationyard.com/
17. Jemima Official - Dive into a world where sustainable fashion meets artistic flair at Jemima Official. The online store offers a curated collection ranging from clothing to soul-soothing colouring books and exquisite stationery. Use code eggchristmas for 25% off. https://jemimaofficial.com/
18. The Munro Beanie - the perfect present for the outdoor lover in your life. Made in Scotland, the super soft Lambswool Munro Beanies allow walkers to stitch a traditional red cross in their beanie, marking their memories as they summit Scotland's Mountains. www.themunrobeanie.com
19. Hannah Louise Lamb - Hannah uses recycled, fair-mined metals and ethically sourced gemstones to create bespoke, handmade jewellery depicting your favourite piece of Scottish coastline. Think coastline inspired rings, pebble necklaces, map bracelets and more. www.hannahlouiselamb.com
20. Jewellery by Design - This beautiful female-led shop in Linlithgow stocks collections including Sheila Fleet, Kit Heath and Linda MacDonald. They also have their own ranges of gold and platinum jewellery and gorgeous pieces to suit every budget. Gift vouchers also available. Use eggchristmas for 15% off silver jewellery until 31st December. jewellerybydesign.uk
21. Biscuit Clothing & Living - You’ll find beautiful clothes from brands including Part Two, Second Female and BA&SH as well as homewares and gorgeous gifts at this boutique on Bruntsfield Place.
22. Made Scotland – The website showcases quality, well-designed brands from across Scotland. The one-stop store, created by Alexandra Borthwick, is packed with sustainable gifts, hard-to-find treasures and homewares.
23. Clare Blatherwick FGA DGA - Clare offers a carefully curated collection of antique, vintage and pre-owned jewels as well as a range of modern pieces not to be found on the high street. www.clareblatherwick.co.uk
24. Scamp & Dude - Join the Super Scarf mission. For every bold and colourful Super Scarf sold, Scamp & Dude donate another to a woman with cancer. They make a gorgeous gift too. Find them at St James Quarter.
25. IOLLA – Help someone build an eyewear wardrobe full of different styles for every look with the IOLLA Festive Gift Card. Your loved ones can then visit IOLLA.com or any one of the showrooms, including St James Quarter, and a team of stylists will help them find their perfect glasses. Each pair of complete prescription glasses or sunglasses is just £85 - including frame and lenses! iolla.com
26. Laura Thomas - This gorgeous brand offers plant-based and refillable body, face and hair care manufactured in North Berwick. Fill your home with the much-loved Christmas Range with orange, cedar, cinnamon and clove notes or look out for the luxe gift boxes, candles and personal care ranges. Shop online or visit the Laura Thomas store at 67 High Street, North Berwick. Use code egg15 for a 15% discount off purchases. https://laura-thomas.com/
27. MISSA & KISSA jewellery - Founded by jewellery lover Cecilia, the multi-award-winning Emerging Jewellery Brand of the Year, offers minimalist, high-quality pieces that are both skin-friendly and wallet-friendly. Shop online or find them at Waverley Market and Rose Street. Gift wrapping and personalised options are also available. Use code CHRISTMASEGGS for a £10 discount on purchases £100+ until 24/12. https://missakissa.co
28. Beatrice von Tresckow Designs - The British designer is renowned for using colourful silk, sumptuous velvet and highly textured fabrics. We love this divine velvet jumpsuit. See her designs at the pop-up shop on 17 Heriot Row, from 10am-8pm (*Sunday 10am-4pm), on 8th, 9th and 10th December. beatricevontresckow.com
GOOD FOR... PAMPERING
29. Give the gift of great skin with a voucher for the award-winning Dr Nestor’s Clinic in Edinburgh. They specialise in skin health, medical grade skincare and aesthetic treatments to help achieve ‘you at your best’. Quietly, perfectly enhanced. Buy in clinic on Albany Street or call 07533 006 004. www.drnestor.co.uk
30. Soul Retreat - Enjoy massive savings on hair, beauty and holistic services at organic, urban spa Soul Retreat in Fairmilehead. Their advent calendar festive offers will run throughout December. There’s lots of pampering gift ideas including vouchers for treatments too.
31. Solstice Wellness – Jump-start New Year's Resolutions with a gift voucher for the Self-Care Studio at Solstice Wellness. The private clinic on Edinburgh’s Broughton Street offers state-of-the-art infrared sauna technology and PEMF therapy, promoting wellness and healing in a tranquil environment. eggs can enjoy 20% off the Detox Sauna Package. www.solsticecentre.co.uk
32. The Nail Yard - Enjoy £20 off any Margaret Dabbs or Elim luxury manicure/pedicure at this luxury salon on Morningside Road. Offering wellness for hands and feet, they pride themselves on offering eco conscious products and practices such as low toxicity gel. Paying egg members can receive 15% off other treatments. thenailyard.com/