As one of the largest leisure employers in Scotland, we manage over 50 sports and leisure facilities across the city enabling people to get active and stay active. As a charitable trust, every penny goes into taking care of the health and well-being of Edinburgh.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Funding Officer to join our dynamic team and help support the growth of our fundraising activities.
In this impactful and exciting role, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Head of Funding in developing, managing, and administering our fundraising activity, focusing on fundraising events, trusts and grants to effectively engage current and new supporters, volunteers, and staff.
- Researching and preparing applications and reports for small trusts, foundations, community grants, and corporate foundations maintaining and growing our trusts and grants pipeline.
- Collaborating with colleagues from various departments, helping them prepare strong cases for support by proactively defining programme outcomes, indicators, and measurement methods for the funded work.
- Encouraging supporters to take part in external challenge events and developing and delivering internal fundraising events, working with colleagues to prepare timetables, book resources, secure staff engagement and communicate plans.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrable experience with fundraising activities such as trusts, grants, and events, with a proven track record of successfully securing funding and creating relevant, compelling content for fundraising propositions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to clearly convey information and ideas to people at all levels of the organisation.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail with the ability to create accurate written and verbal communications.
- Strong organizational skills, excellent decision-making and judgment capabilities with the ability to problem-solve and develop creative solutions.
- Sound keyboard skills, and the ability to work with a range of IT software/systems e.g., fundraising CRM systems, MS Office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and SharePoint.
In return, we offer:
- Generous holiday allowance (32 days, rising with service up to 40 days)
- Paid sick leave
- Company pension
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for training, career growth and development
- Free membership across all our centres with access to fitness centres, gyms, and swimming pools
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Access to discounts with a huge number of retailers (saving money in cinemas, restaurants, clothing, and electronics shops, on insurance and healthcare and much more)
This is a hybrid role with time spent between our head office at Meadowbank, Edinburgh Leisure venues across the city and home working.
Closing date – 28th of January 2024
Assessment date – 5th of February 2024